Negba’s after-school Homes (“Homes of Hope”) provide a warm support framework for children ages 6-12 each afternoon on school days and during the July summer break.
Here the children receive personal attention and engage in a large variety of activities that enable them to develop and make the most of themselves. The educational team at each Home builds a customized plan for each child according to his or her needs and capabilities, mapping out individual goals. Three times a year an evaluation is conducted to assess progress and adapt the personalized plans accordingly. Negba’s team invests great effort working together with the children’s school teachers and parents to provide the children with the best chance to develop and succeed.
Activities proposed aim at enriching the children’s world in a wide range of areas:
- School tutoring through the Learning Center, where a personalized learning plan is designed for each child.
- Improve emotional expression, build trust, and develop social skills by working with guidance professionals, by developing relationships with animators, and by performing tasks in the group.
- Enrich general education through structured social activities in a variety of areas, and attend cultural activities such as theater performances, concerts and visits to the library.
- Enhance the relationship within the family through parent-child workshops.
- Instill values and an appreciation for the land of Israel through trips and outings across the country.
The after-school Homes operate daily on school days in the afternoon. Children come to Negba directly from school, eat a nutritious, “homemade” hot meal, engage in educational and social activities, and then return home in the evening.
Negba welcomes 165 children daily in 11 groups of 15 children (9 in Beersheva and 2 in Jerusalem). These groups are accommodated in 5 Homes, each with a coordinator, a housekeeper and 4 counselor: