Visit and Volunteer
Volunteer at Negba While Visiting Israel!
Travelers to Israel on a personal vacation or on an organized synagogue, school or community program are welcome to volunteer at Negba's Houses of Hope for children at risk, ages 6-14. Visitors to Negba will enhance their Jewish identity through hands-on, face-to-face interaction, and they will engage in Tikkun Olam - repair of the world. Equally important, visitors will also expose Negba's kids to the concept of K'lal Yisrael by forging relationships with Diaspora Jews. Negba's children greatly desire to get to know you!
|Where:||At Negba Houses of Hope in Beersheva and Jerusalem|
|When:||Sundays through Thursdays, during the hours of 14:30 to 18:30|
(During the week before Pesach and during July - from 9:00 to 13:00)
|Duration:||From 1 to 3 hours|
(Long term volunteer opportunities also available from a week up to 10 months)
|How You Can Help:||- Cook, serve and eat lunch with our children, and wash up afterwards|
- Assist in homework or tutor in various subjects (basic Hebrew preferred but not required):
- Play educational board games and puzzles
- Math / Cheshbon 10 (computer program)
- Light English language teaching
- Tutor a child in reading
- Tell a story
- Instruct in computers and the Internet
- Participate in arts and crafts projects
- Teach the kids to play baseball or another sport
- Perform a concert or play and show off your talent
- Prune, weed and tend the Teen Club of Hope garden with Negba's youth
- Paint and lightly renovate Negba's premises needing repair
Click here to download this page in a PDF document.